Children and adults shouldn’t sit still in class. It’s amazing that we ignore established research on ways to improve children’s learning when designing adult learning environments.
- Why kids shouldn’t sit still in class.
- Short bursts in physical activity are positively linked to increased levels of attention and performance.
- Mike Kuczala’s TEDx talk “The Kinesthetic Classroom: Teaching and Learning through Movement.”
- Michelle Obama’s 2010 “Let’s Move” initiative works to increase movement and healthy eating in schools.
- Classroom movement programs like GoNoodle are now used in more than 60,000 elementary schools in the United States.
Dr Ash Routen’s and Dr
Read the rest of this entry »