Zoom meeting tips
Instructions on how to join a meeting hosted by Adrian Segar are here.
Please read and implement the following Zoom meeting tips — they will make you look and participate better!
- Learn about attendee controls here.
- Use an external microphone or headset.
- Light your face, not the back of your head.
- Sit close to the camera.
- Join the meeting in a quiet place.
- When you join my meetings, your sound will be on and video off. Turn your video on when ready—we want to see you!
- Mute your sound when you’re not talking.
- Using a laptop/tablet/smartphone? Keep it still. Please turn off your video if you need to move your device around; otherwise it’s distracting for other participants.
- On a tablet/smartphone, touch the screen to bring up toolbar options (mute/unmute/stop or start video/participants/chat/participants.
- On a phone? Please say your name before speaking.
- Want to say something and your video is on? Raise your hand on screen. Or go to list of participants and click/touch “raise hand”. No video? Use text chat, wait for facilitator to prompt you, or interject appropriately.
- Turn on Zoom text chat. The host/participants can use it to share comments and links. You can also send private messages to participants.