Going online with Adrian Segar’s Zoom
Here’s how to meet with Adrian Segar via Zoom. Zoom is probably the most popular platform for online meetings these days. Although you can phone in to the meeting, the Zoom software (available for Mac/Windows and iPhone/iPad/Android) will allow us to see each other, text chat, share documents etc.
The Zoom software is a free download. Please download it in advance on the device of your choice.
Here is the link to my meeting space, which you will go to for the meeting.
Here is a screen shot of what you will see at that link:
At the top right hand corner there are two buttons, “Participate as Guest” and “Sign In”.
—If you already have a Zoom account (they are free), click “Sign In” and sign in to your Zoom account.
—Otherwise, click “Participate as Guest” and enter your full name.
Once that’s done, your screen will look like this (your name now appears at the top right corner):
—If you are connecting using your computer, click on the first button. You may see a prompt asking for permission to start running Zoom on your computer; agree to it.
—If you are connecting with a smartphone/iPad/Tablet click on the appropriate button and enter your meeting ID 935-721-234.
—If you want to call in from a regular phone, call 646-558-8656 and use meeting ID 935-721-234.
Please download the respective Zoom software onto your device in advance. (You’ll only have to do this the first time you use Zoom.) This will allow us to start on time!
Read the following tips before your first meeting.
Zoom meeting tips
- Learn about attendee controls here.
- Use an external microphone or headset.
- Light your face, not the back of your head.
- Sit close to the camera.
- Join the meeting in a quiet place.
- When you join my meetings, your sound will be on and video off. Turn your video on when ready—we want to see you!
- Mute your sound when you’re not talking.
- Using a laptop/tablet/smartphone? Keep it still. Please turn off your video if you need to move your device around.
- On a tablet/smartphone, touch the screen to bring up toolbar options (mute/unmute/stop or start video/participants/chat/participants
- Want to say something and your video is on? Raise your hand on screen. Or go to list of participants and click/touch “raise hand”.
- Turn on Zoom text chat. The host/participants can use it to share comments and links.
If you have questions, please contact me in advance.