Event Crowdsourcing: Creating Meetings People Actually Want and Need
I’m happy to announce that my third book Event Crowdsourcing will be released this Fall. It covers a fundamental yet neglected topic: creating meetings people actually want and need.
My research has shown that over half the sessions offered at traditional preplanned conferences are not what attendees actually want! Event crowdsourcing allows you to create meetings where attendees want and need every session.
Who should buy this book?
- Are you an attendee who tires of events full of irrelevant pre-planned sessions? Event crowdsourcing ensures that you will be enthusiastic about the content and value of events and sessions.
- Are you a presenter who knows the importance of meeting the actual wants and needs of your audience? Session crowdsourcing ensures that your sessions will reflect the actual needs of those who attend.
- Are you a conference stakeholder eager to grow an event by making it the very best it can be? When attendees are enthusiastic about your event because it meets their wants and needs, they recommend your event to their peers and return year after year. As a result, your event grows, continually adapting to the changing desires of your participants, and your event and organization communities strengthen over time.
To summarize, event crowdsourcing is an essential strategy and practice for creating effective and successful sessions and conferences. My book Event Crowdsourcing clearly explains everything you need to know to successfully integrate effective real-time event crowdsourcing into your meeting programs and sessions.
With 27 years of participant-driven conference program design experience, I know that event crowdsourcing can fundamentally improve just about any meeting. This book will convince you to try event crowdsourcing, and show you how to do it through a clear comprehensive set of implementations that support your success every step of the way.
What’s in the book?
Event Crowdsourcing includes a clear succinct explanation of event crowdsourcing: what it is and why you need to use it.
It also contains a comprehensive set of process tools for three types of event crowdsourcing:
- Program crowdsourcing: Uncovering meeting participants’ interests, wants, and needs and using them to create all or part of an event program;
- Session crowdsourcing: Enabling attendees to influence and guide what happens during a single session, allowing the session to reflect and maximally satisfy participants’ in-the-moment wants and needs; and
- Future crowdsourcing: Leveraging the learning, connections, and community building that has occurred during a meeting to consolidate learning for both individuals and the event community, and to create valuable specific individual and group outcomes.
Like my previous two books, Event Crowdsourcing will be available in a large format (8½” x 11″), easy to read paperback, and as a downloadable ebook (readable on all devices), available instantly on purchase.
Event Crowdsourcing will be released this Fall
Event Crowdsourcing: Creating Meetings People Actually Want and Need will ship in Fall 2019. You can pre-order it at the guaranteed lowest price here (you will not be charged until it ships). To hear about publication of this important new book, please complete the short form below. We will not use your information for any other purpose.